So what does it take to become a CASA volunteer?
- Submit the completed Volunteer Application attached. We require four favorable references, clear criminal history, DFCS history and sex offender registry check.
- Every volunteer participates in a 40-hour training course.
- After successfully completing the training, the volunteer is assigned their first case. A volunteer’s average time commitment to a case is approximately 10 hours per month.
- Volunteer advocates are asked to dedicate themselves to a case until it is closed. The average case lasts about 18 months.
- Advocates are supervised and supported every step of the way and always have resources readily available.